Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in Europe
With over 500 million people, Europe is one of the most important markets for many goods and services. Protection of intellectual property rights in Europe is thus vital for both European and non-European companies.
The European Patent System provides efficient patent protection for almost all European Countries and even some countries in Africa and Asia with only one proceeding. In addition, each country has its own patent office offering national protection.
A European Union Trademark offers trademark protection for the entire European Union with only one proceeding. Likewise, a European Union Design offers design protection for the entire European Union with only one proceeding. Also for trademarks and designs, alternative national protection is available in each country.
Both European and national IP rights may be filed based on foreign priority rights or international applications. We assist you with filing and prosecution of
- National German Patents, Trademarks and Designs (to be filed at the German Patent and Trademark Office)
- European Patents (to be filed at the European Patent Office)
- European Union Trademarks (to be filed at the European Union Intellectual Property Office)
- European Union Designs (to be filed at the European Union Intellectual Property Office)
- National Austrian Patents, Trademarks and Designs (to be filed at the Austrian Patent Office)
- Oppositions and revocation proceedings against any mentioned right
- Infringement proceedings regarding infringement actions in Germany (in cooperation with a German attorney-at-law)
Of course, we do our best to assist you with choosing the right strategy for protection and enforcement of your rights. We are looking forward to receiving your request.
IP law firm Dr. Martin Schlosser
Tel.: +49 821 543 888 90
Fax: +49 821 543 888 93